Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, the Social Media Coordinator will represent
within our social media channels and implement strategic communications processes and projects.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising or related field.
2. Three or more years of demonstrated experience in developing and managing social media campaigns, including experience in using large platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Nextdoor to reach and regularly interact with customers and constituents.
3. One or more years of demonstrated experience in public relations, media relations, journalism or related experience.
• Exceptional project management skills; ability to manage multiple, high-priority or complex projects at once.
• Ability to act creatively, pragmatically and analytically as your daily work requires.
• History as an effective self-starter with ability to project manage large-scale efforts independently.
• Drive to take initiative when needed while balancing team approach to a social content and communications practice.
• Skills for getting things done quickly without sacrificing quality, ability to prioritize for top impact.
• Proven problem-solving skills with ability to generate creative ideas and break those solutions down into iterative improvements.
• Passion for deep storytelling, simplifying complex topics, connecting people to value and genuine excitement for well-done social content across a variety of platforms.
• High standards for grammatical accuracy and joy for writing creatively or succinctly for mediums ranging from blog posts to press releases.
• Experience writing and editing short-form content for web and social media.
• Experience effectively coaching and supporting teammates, including content creators, designers, writers and influencers.
• A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Nextdoor, LinkedIn, Google and YouTube with previous strategic social media experience.
• Experience in building successful digital marketing campaigns including sponsored ads on social platforms with an eye for user experience and effective communication.
• Strong understanding of social media metrics (use, targeting, analytics) and ability to identify and deliver upon clearly articulated social content metrics.
• Remain current with the latest in social media and emerging trends within the digital and social media space.
• Ability to travel occasionally to attend events and graduation(s).
Portfolio featuring a variety of written, visual and/or video content used across web channels is a plus.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Total Hours per week
Monday – Friday
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.