Flowers Foods, Inc.
The director of communications for Flowers Foods is primarily responsible for managing and sharing company information with the general public and coordinating all associated public-facing and media relations activities. The director of communications director also manages and supports a variety of internal communication projects, including writing, editing, video production, presentation preparation, and event planning.
Requires constant interaction with corporate relations team, all corporate departments, and management staff at company subsidiaries. Includes interaction with media, shareholders, consumers, and other outside audiences.
Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Exemplary writing skills and is equally-skilled in the development of information for traditional, social, and digital formats.
- Serves as a company spokesperson.
- Manages media outreach and reactive inquiries.
- Reviews all press materials and public statements from other areas of the company.
- Is responsible for the draft and review process of news releases and media alerts, including distribution via national wire services and other outlets.
- Supports the crisis communications team as needed.
- Develops and delivers messages supporting the company's mission, vision, priorities, and values.
- Provides Investor Relations communications support as needed
- Manages all aspects of the annual Shareholder Meeting
- Provides additional support and is a hands-on resource for a wide range of internal and general business communication projects.
- Develops and executes a digital corporate communications strategy for web and other digital channels.
- Is responsible for managing and updating corporate website (flowersfoods.com) with company information
- Provides as-needed support for message development, media relations guidance, and
Minimum of 10 years of business communications experience, preferably in the CPG or retail industries. In addition, this position requires that the incumbent have:
- a track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with journalists and online media;
- experience managing skilled PR professionals and outside agency relationships;
- experience using social media to develop relationships and pursue external communications objectives; and .
Bachelor's degree required, MBA or advanced degree in journalism, communications, or public relations preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by 02/10/2018. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Foods Corporate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Heather N Yates at HEATHER.YATES@FLOCORP.COM or 229-551-3102.
Flowers Foods, Inc.
Website : http://www.flowersfoods.com
Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO), headquartered in Thomasville, Ga., is a leading producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods in the United States. The company operates 46 highly efficient bakeries that produce breads, buns, rolls, snack cakes, and pastries, which are distributed fresh to foodservice and retail customers in the Southeastern, Southwestern, and mid-Atlantic states and frozen to national foodservice and retail customers.