LOCAL SALES MANAGER - MEDIA
Apply Now DATE POSTED 01/11/2018 Requisition Number: 209091BR Location: United States - Colorado - Grand Junction Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Promotions/Advertising, Sales Position Type: Full Time Local Sales Manager
Spectrum Reach currently seeks a dynamic Local Sales Manager for our Grand Junction, CO Media office.
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Local Sales Manager will build and direct a cohesive team of Advertising Account Executives, develop market approach plans, create, communicate and execute sales plans and other market initiatives to meet and exceed expected revenue goals. The team of Advertising Account Executives are responsible for developing, servicing and maintaining a base of local clients and/or agencies purchasing advertising on our 300 cable TV channels, and our digital audience network of online and mobile websites.
Essential Position Functions:
* Manages staff of Advertising Account Executives and is responsible for activities associated with the following; hiring, evaluating performance, developing sales skills, and discipline.
* Manage the local market territory to proactively identify and address key accounts and growth opportunities.
* Coach Account Executives to develop and increase advertising revenue.
* Coordinate with Account Planners and Digital Sales Specialists on strategy.
* Provide training, development and coaching of Account Executives on sales techniques, account planning, account management, quantitative and qualitative research tools, and cultivation of key accounts and growth industries.
* Evaluate effectiveness of sales strategies and implements changes as needed.
* Create and maintain a winning sales and professional office environment
* Assist GM, Media Sales with establishing local revenue and sales goals as well as with implementation of sales projections and budgets for the sales staff.
* Work in conjunction with GM, Media Sales to maximize pricing, sponsorships, promotions and inventory utilization.
* Conduct verbal presentations in-person to advertising agencies and potential clients regarding advertising opportunities with Time Warner Cable.
* Monitor bad debt and collection of local accounts, payment schedules.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
* Ability to manage personnel, follow and implement procedures, commercial production and working knowledge of mathematical analytics.
* Maintain a high level of professionalism in the community, with clients, and staff.
* Continuously work to expand knowledge of advertising in Centers of Excellence, and Specialty categories.
* Develop strategic programs and execute them.
* Utilize available research to create proposals and sales collateral.
* Three or more years management experience in Cable, TV broadcast, Radio (or other media), Business to Business sales are required.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor s or Master s Degree is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience; a minimum of five years work experience in advertising sales.
Willingness and ability to travel as required up to 20%.
Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver s License and safe driving record.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status. FCC Unit: 13541 - Mountain States Business Unit: Spectrum Reach Apply Now Apply Later
Website : https://www.spectrum.com/
Spectrum Business has faster Internet, advanced voice services and more HD for your business. Spectrum Business Internet is made to keep your workforce connected with the fastest speeds, plus NO Contract, NO Hidden Fees, & NO Taxes! Only $39.99/mo when bundled. Spectrum Business Voice-Unlimited Long Distance plus advanced Business Calling Features. Only $29.99/mo. with NO Fees. NO Taxes. NO Contract.