Junior Motion Graphic Designer (Freelance)
You know the basics of motion and print design and are eager to translate that knowledge into the business of design for broadcast television and marketing. Your responsibilities will range from executing elements for our studio shows through the production of assets for our promotional/advertising campaigns. You'll work closely with staff artists, taking direction and developing workflows to efficiently version iterations of elements ensuring a high level of quality.
You'll visually reinforce our brand values throughout all projects while collaborating with the Creative Services team to bring unique and innovative approaches to the work. Most of all, you'll actively join a team fun, highly creative artists and writers committed to helping one another achieve great results as a team.
This freelance position is for 2 weeks with the possibility of extension role reporting into the Networks' Senior Manager, Graphic Operations and works closely with Productions, Sales, Promotions, and affiliates.
**Please provide a link to your portfolio for review.
• Design and/or animate elements in day-to-day/nightly graphics needs for live-broadcast show environments
• Design, animate and deliver animations and graphics in support of our live event broadcasts
• Version elements for advertising collateral including print, web and broadcast formats.
• Work under the direction of Staff Artists to assist the completion of major projects
• Participate in brainstorming sessions for shows, on-air promotion campaigns and marketing directives – every voice counts within our team
• Ability to remain detail-oriented even under stressful and tight deadlines
• Proactive and effective communication with excellent problem-solving skills
• Be a team player that believes collaboration creates better work
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Graphic Operations, and Senior Production Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Art, Design, Television, an industry related field, or equivalent work experience
• Entry level, 1-3 years of motion graphic experience in broadcast, post-production, studio, agency or other related industry
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Comfort working in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Portfolio of work demonstrating a solid understanding of basic design principles like typography, color theory
• Ability to prioritize under tight time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written communication skills
• Selfless attitude demonstrated by the ability to work with a team and contribute to the greater efforts, making sure the best ideas progress
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and the ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Willingness to work in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans
• Strong interest in and knowledge of collegiate sports
• Basic understanding of Cinema 4d/3d software and workflows
• Skills in web-ad development via Flash, HTML 5, and other web-based languages and platforms
• Knowledge of digital media industry including online, TV everywhere, mobile, tablets and other emerging technologies
**** in the application.