GMA is looking for an Editor for GMA's digital brand. S/he will work directly with the Managing Editor to produce content for GMA Digital while also helping coordinate projects and products across the GMA brand and ABC News. S/he must be someone who can craft and deliver engaging news and lifestyle coverage, particularly for women. S/he will work with the Managing Editor to evolve and expand the brand in the digital space while continuing to celebrate the amazing journalism GMA is known for.
S/he should be a thorough, creative writer and editor with experience creating digital lifestyle content. S/he will be responsible for daily stories for GMA Digital and must also have strong project management skills as s/he will lead cross-show and cross-ABC editorial projects as applicable, including branded content opportunities. In addition to creating digital stories, s/he will work with GMA's show, digital video, and social teams to build out new content verticals and connect with new audiences.
• A proven track record of writing digital lifestyle content
• A collaborative attitude and the passion to innovate and move the brand forward
• A demonstrated understanding of programming, engagement and distribution strategies
• A passion for news and lifestyle content
• Impeccable news judgment
• Available nights and weekends
• Experience with breaking news
• Proven track record creating viral content
• Experience with lifestyle content
• Project Management experience
• BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:****
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we **** in the application.