Media Match Inc
About the Job
Seeking a motivated and experienced educator to teach film/media in the school's Writing, Film & Media Arts Department. This is a part-time (3-days per week) academic year position. The ability to teach courses related to two or more of the following areas is desired: film/video technique, film production, and film/media electives. Additional responsibilities may include managing film and media related equipment and production spaces. The Writing, Film & Media Arts department runs a multi-disciplinary arts curriculum that bridges screenwriting, playwriting, poetry, photography and film/media.
We are an independent boarding and day high school offering a transformational educational experience for student artists from around the country and the world. We offer unparalleled training in dance; music; theater; visual art; writing, film & media arts, complemented by a robust and innovative academic curriculum. Walnut Hill offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
• Teach the equivalent of 3 sections of film/media classes. As a teacher, be responsible for the following: class design and prep, individual student feedback (written and in conference), assessment, mid/end-of-semester comments, and communication with parents as needed;
• Manage equipment and production studio; coordinate, authorize, and troubleshoot student use of equipment and space;
• Support Director in the guidance and preparation of student work for performance and events;
• Assist in the curation and management of online departmental film and media platforms;
• Consult on film and media portfolios for Admissions to the program;
• Assist w/field trips, visiting artists, and work collaboratively with other departments at the school;
• Mentor individual students around college/summer program portfolio prep; and
• Attend department and school-wide faculty meetings and trainings.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in in film, video, or media production or related field required; Master's degree preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience in high school or post-secondary education preferred
• Must be flexible, versatile, and able to manage multiple priorities
• Possess effective written and oral communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills, and confidence working both as an individual contributor and within a team environment
• Ability to work well with colleagues in a collaborative, collegial, personable, friendly, and supportive manner;
• Possess a spirit of creative problem solving and enthusiasm to work in a world of artistic possibilities;
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with high school students with a wide range of levels and skills
Media Match Inc
Website : http://www.media-match.com/
Media Match is an online database of over 100,000 TV and film professionals' resumes and availabilities, and an up to date TV and film jobs board for new openings in the film and TV production business across the United States. Owing to Media Match's unique cross-referenced matching and searching facility, entertainment industry job seekers are alerted to new TV jobs and film jobs, which match their skill set, as soon as they are posted on the site. Companies have the capability to search the Media Match resume database directly. As a result of this high-quality matching, the site has already become a standard among TV and film production companies and broadcasters in the USA.