**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Jobs
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
4400 West 78th St., Suite 700
Bloomington, MN 55435
SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT!
The Communications Specialist collaborates with various departments and project groups to create, manage and execute strategic communication plans to achieve desired business results, including internal and external audiences. Creates and delivers written content and coordinates delivery of visual, audio, or multimedia content to complement entire communication strategy for projects, initiatives, and programs.
The Communications Specialist is charged with taking the initiative in recommending communication tactics in alignment with the brand’s vision, goals, and culture. The Communications Specialist uses existing and new communication tools and technologies to deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience. On your journey, you will:
• Collaborate with internal partners and external resources to develop and implement communications plans that support business needs and drive results.
• Create and deliver targeted content with a consistent brand voice to various audiences (not limited to franchisees/general managers, corporate staff, vendors, brokers, prospective franchisees, exclusive agents, and landlords.
• Edit, create, maintain and publish information to all assigned communication channels and collateral, including but not limited to, web properties, email, social media, video, and print.
• Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with various **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. departments to understand goals, uncover opportunities and manage communications needs.
• Develop measurable targets for performance in conjunction with assigned department and project leads. Collect and analyze metrics for key communications and recommend/make changes to continuously improve performance of communication investments.
• Demonstrating the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to, and possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing or related field.
• 5 years professional experience in planning and delivering multifaceted communications in a fast paced and complex environment; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Collaborate with the Communications Manager to ensure consistency of approach, voice and tactics, across all departments.
• Collaborate with team members to develop and deliver engaging content in a variety of channels.
• Deliver a strong, vibrant writing style that captures the heart of the story, and synthesizes detailed information for a variety of audiences.
• Ability to support a network of business partners in creating and executing comprehensive communication plans.
• Coordinate internal and external resources as needed to develop and execute communications plans.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to manage and engage resources as required.
• Strong writing abilities. Ability to find and write in a voice that is appropriate for our Great Clips brand.
• Understand and adhere to brand standards.
• Direct experience in creating good stories (film, writing, public relations, etc.).
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photoshop, and digital asset management.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week schedule in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There will be opportunity to travel two or three times a year to meetings and conferences. Approximately 20% travel during the year.
• Ability to drive results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
• Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, and promote teamwork.
Working with People
• Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,000 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. employees are passionate about what we do and our technology team geeks out in finding ways to use technology to make what we do even better.