Our Client is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. They own and operate a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Their Global Media Operations team provides digital workflow tools and services to organizations. The wide range of services provided by Global Media Operations (GMO) team includes centralized conditioning and delivery of critical film and television assets and distribution of on-demand content and live streaming events to the web, mobile, and OTT devices. The GMO team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the tools for digital media playback, delivery, syndication, and processing; assisting with support of existing proprietary products, third-party applications, media server infrastructure; and researching new tools and standards for our business. As a part of the GMO team, you will drive product roadmaps, enhance existing workflows, identify process improvements, provide strategic recommendations, and lead cross functional technical and operations teams to design, build, and launch new products and execute on new initiatives to deliver content across multiple consumer experiences and devices.
· Own the Video Player/SDK product for GMO used across consumer-facing mobile sites/apps, desktop experiences, and OTT devices.
· Engage with multiple clients/business units/internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into product features and capabilities for internal development teams and 3rd party developers.
· Fully document product features as user stories in Jira with detailed acceptance criteria
· Collaborate with player architects to identify best technical solution to meet client needs
· Define and maintain product roadmaps and product integration strategy balancing internal requirements with client requests/priorities
· Lead grooming sessions to maintain a consistently up-to-date backlog of clearly defined features/stories
· Collaborate with system architect and scrum master to scope each development sprint track progress, and work through development hurdles to deliver a great product on time and within scope
· Provide consistent communication back to clients and stakeholders on development progress and product delivery timelines as well as conduct feature roadmap overviews periodically
· Create and present documentation to external and internal business partners for integration of player SDK into unique and wide-ranging consumer content consumption experiences including
· brand and MVPD partners for TVE content distribution.
· Execute periodic product demos and walk-throughs for client product teams and internal leadership
· Take a leadership role in a growing team of Product Managers in support of digital video experiences
· Be an industry expert with respect to trends in mobile application development, operating system upgrades, and the competition
· Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Product Management, Broadcast Technologies, Engineering, or equivalent experience required
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role exhibiting excellent written and oral communications, effective interpersonal skills, project management, and strong formal presentation abilities
· Expertise in the SDLC process, with a focus on scoping, iteration planning, user story and acceptance criteria writing, roll-out management
· 3-5 years product management experience in digital media, gathering client requirements, writing product and/or technical specifications, working with development teams, and managing product roadmaps as well as launches
· At least 3 years of direct client engagement experience
· Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, Technology, or related field
· Experience with interactive media, mobile design & app development
· Experience with Agile methodology
· Experience with using Jira or a similar system to track and maintain feature requirements and development progress
· Experience managing a team preferred
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com
or follow us on Twitter: USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Website : http://www.cognizant.com/
Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 50 delivery centers worldwide and approximately 260, 200 employees as of December 31, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.