The New School
Housing and Residential Education Social Media Assistant
New York City
• Utilize a strong creative and media-savvy skill set to generate content for various social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), including featured articles about programming, initiatives, and involvement opportunities. This will involve engaging with students, staff, and faculty on a regular basis.
• Edit photos and video for quality.
• Research best practices for utilizing various social media outlets
• Attend Housing and Residential Education related event and take photos or video to include with posts
• Assist with developing and implementing marketing plans for the Office of Housing and Residential Education
• Participate in weekly social media meetings
• Connect with Housing and Residential Education staff in the Central Housing office
• Monitor Facebook and Twitter accounts and respond to situations as needed.
• Maintain posting schedule for guest take overs, themed weeks, etc.
• Research: track future events within Housing and Residential Education and Student and Campus Life
• Promote the Housing and Residential Education’s social media presence across campus
• Investigate and propose new social media platforms to utilize
• Other duties as assigned
• Background in digital media, marketing, journalism or communications in personal, professional.
• Good photography and video skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Interest and/or experience in managing multiple social media accounts
• Able to execute multiple projects simultaneously with efficient time management while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate effectively as a member of a team
• Creative and resourceful
• Willingness to experiment
• Responsive to feedback
• Appreciation for arts, design, student life, and higher education
• Knowledge of Housing and Residential Education at The New School
• New School Student with Work Study Award
The New School
Website : http://www.newschool.edu