SENIOR VIDEOJOURNALIST - DC BUREAU
Apply Now DATE POSTED 01/11/2018 Requisition Number: 207965BR Location: United States - District of Columbia - Washington Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time The DC Bureau covers Washington news for Spectrum's Local News Division, which operates a network of cable news channels in New York, North Carolina and Texas. The channels include NY1 News, NY1 Noticias, Spectrum News in upstate New York, Spectrum News Carolina, and Spectrum News Austin. Our mission is to provide news coverage of local interest to those markets from Washington, D.C. with an emphasis on reporting national political stories with a local focus for our markets.
The Senior Videojournalist will research, develop, write, edit and deliver live presentation of political news stories on a deadline. Contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Create original stories; gather information for stories using beat sources, contacts and leads.
* Build and maintain strong contacts and sources within select state congressional delegations.
* Navigates in-depth reports to own recorded and/or LIVE breaking news.
* Deliver news reports, including live reports that demonstrate energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality.
* Write and edit own news stories for an assigned newscast or news series within assigned deadlines.
* Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story effectively.
* Works with photographer on assigned stories.
* Collaborate with local political teams, assignment desks and other production staff.
* Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment.
* Strategically engages in social media.
* Responsible for representing Spectrum News in a professional manner.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must have demonstrated experience covering politics.
* Must have sufficiently strong story development skills in order to submit original story ideas on a daily basis.
* Must be able to develop sources, work a beat, and break stories.
* Must have strong on-camera skills.
* Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
* Ability to interface with internal company personnel.
* Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving.
* Must be able and willing to work different shifts, report to work on time, and be flexible with schedule changes.
* Must be adept at social media.
* Ability to handle breaking news on-air.
* Must obtain and maintain a valid driver s license for authorized driving in the State of residence.
* Bachelor s degree in Journalism, political science or related filed or comparable television, print and digital work experience.
Related Work Experience
* 5 years Television, print or digital news reporting and live shot experience.
* Works inside in a climate controlled environment and outside throughout the year and may be subjected to various weather conditions that could include extreme heat or cold conditions.
* Lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds.
* Drives company vehicle to and from different locations in a safe manner.
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status. FCC Unit: HQ452 Business Unit: Spectrum Networks Apply Now Apply Later
Website : https://www.spectrum.com/
Spectrum Business has faster Internet, advanced voice services and more HD for your business. Spectrum Business Internet is made to keep your workforce connected with the fastest speeds, plus NO Contract, NO Hidden Fees, & NO Taxes! Only $39.99/mo when bundled. Spectrum Business Voice-Unlimited Long Distance plus advanced Business Calling Features. Only $29.99/mo. with NO Fees. NO Taxes. NO Contract.