The Production Technology Project Manager will be responsible for planning, prioritizing, organizing, and tracking progress toward execution across the division. This role will lead concurrent strategic initiatives focused on media asset management initiatives, implementing new technologies, requirement gathering for metadata / taxonomy initiatives. The Project Manager will interact with teams across a Distribution, Production, Marketing, Sports, Social Media, Archives and other evolving user-bases. In addition to excelling at traditional project management – including requirements gathering, scope definition, and tracking/reporting progress – the successful candidate will be a self-driven problem solver, capable of becoming a deep subject matter expert of digital media platforms and production tools.
* Ability to generate solutions based on research, analysis and expertise, navigating through complex business challenges.
* Serve as liaison between Users Groups to translate user needs to engineering requirements.
* Create, maintain and ensure project artifacts are accessible to all key team members. (e.g. project plans, workflows, timelines, meeting agendas, summaries, etc.)
* Proactively author and disseminates project documentation, status reports, presentations, requirements, test plans and communications
* Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur.
* Cultivate business relationships internally and externally and help maintain department as go to resource for information and expertise.
* Collaborate with Technology Project Management and Technology Business Management to ensure a smooth transition for the user base to the new system(s).
* Schedule, run, capture feedback, and create reports from project meetings.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Minimum 5 years of experience working as a project manager or product manager.
* Prior work experience with broadcast or media workflows in production andor post-production environments.
* Adept in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing and managing several projects at once.
* Excellent analytical and research skills.
* Very strong presentation, communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills a must.
* Skilled in quickly connecting with and influencing people.
* Highly proficient in MS Project, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint, Confluence, Jira, Workfront
* Keeps abreast of latest trends/methods
* Media Management
* Familiar with Metadata and Taxonomy
* Understanding of non-linear video editing platforms and workflows
* Understanding of production tools and workflows
* Coding a plus
About Us It's HBOSM
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.