Time Warner Inc.
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us on
What part will you play?
Provide support to editors / producers on the Travel team as directed.
CNN Travel & Style brands operate within the wider CNN Digital universe, but serve different audiences and advertisers, and as such as specific goals and skills and experience to bring to bear on achieving goals and targets.
What will you be doing?
- Building articles and galleries in CMS as directed by Travel and Style senior staff
- Research and source existing Travel / Style images and videos, pushing beyond what is available from stock agencies. To this end, seek out and clear the same kind of visual UGC for use across all platforms in accordance with legal rights guidelines.
- Work with the Social Discovery team, scan iReport, connect with CNN employees in the field whose photographs meet the standards set by Executive Editors. Coordinate with the photo desk as needed.
- Run day-to-day as well as planning for CNN Travel Style Instagram accounts, including scheduling regular posts and stories and creating relationships with photographers and videographers and other appropriate media partners who are well-regarded and have bona fides in both fields. CNN Social Media team will provide guidance and assist in growing Instagram audience.
What do we need from you?
- Excellent visual, communication, and organizational skills, as well as a strong adherence to deadlines.
- 1 - 2 years of progressively related experience.
- Talent for identifying good photography and videography: You know the difference between a snapshot on an iPhone and a well-composed, expertly framed photograph (no filters!) An amateur video vs. a professional one. You can tell the difference between inspirational and awe-inspiring lifestyle photography vs. realism and straight-forward nature of photo journalism. This is what is referred to colloquially as taste, which is difficult to describe but easy to identify.
- Energy, passion, excitement and a demonstrated interest in the subject matter.
- Ideas: You're bursting with them, and share them regularly with the team You'll need to be a team player and a diplomat. You'll possess the ability to read a situation and adjust reactions and suggestions based on understanding is paramount.
But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
2016 Best Company for
learning and development team
to help shape and grow your career
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Time Warner Inc.
Website : http://www.timewarner.com
Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide on a multi-platform basis. Overview Our operating divisions, Home Box Office, Inc., Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. share a dedication to light up the world’s screens with the best storytelling, across technological frontiers and geographic boundaries. They maintain unrivaled reputations as homes for creativity and excellence, with brands and leading scale that attract the best talent and ideas, and allow creative talent and journalists to realize their visions and share them with the world. HBO, with its sister channel Cinemax, is the world’s leading premium pay-television and subscription video on demand (SVOD) service, Turner has one of the world’s premier portfolios of advertising-supported cable networks and related brands, and Warner Bros. is the world’s leading producer of television programming and filmed entertainment. And while our divisions are separate businesses, they each foster a culture that encourages and embraces constructive collaboration.