NBC Universal, Inc.
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, United States
Feb 08, 2021
May 24, 2021
Job Number 58833BR
Job Title Media Support Manager
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Sub-Business Global Media Operations
Posting Category Technology & Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New Jersey
City Englewood Cliffs
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in digital supply chain, broadcast operations or a post-production environment
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a support or customer facing position
• Experience working with post-production software such Avid Media Composer, Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro
• Must have experience with digital media file types and encoding workflows - QT, MXF, MPG, Mp4 etc.
• Experience with encoders such as Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, Cloud Services
• An individual that knows their way around desktop hardware, software applications, MAC/PC OS and network connectivity
• Must have proficient experience with Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidates must submit a CV/resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ upon return to office
• Must be willing and able to work any shift, including overnights, swing, or weekend as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the US
• An individual with a very strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges.
• Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and escalation skills
• Experience with MAMs for Archiving/Purging/Restoring (DIVA Director and Avid Interplay) a plus
• Experience with live records, routing and transcodes (Grass Valley iControl, KVMs, DVS Venice, Florical, Avid Airspeed/Interplay Capture)
• Experience with digital delivery methods, such as AWS, Aspera P2P/Faspex, Signiant, FTP, UDCP, etc.
• Experience with QC Software such as Tektronix, Phabrix Scope, GrayMeta Iris, Switch, VLC, etc.
• Experience with MacCaption for Closed Caption creation, editing and converting
• Experience supporting customer workflows through operations team and/or help desk
• Able to take on additional projects that require alignment across different internal teams for successful implementation and roll-out
• Strong ability to multi-task and make effective decisions in a high-pressure deadline driven environment
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments, clients, and vendors
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBC Universal, Inc.
Website : http://www.nbcuniversal.com