The Social Media Community Manager will develop, promote, and maintain a vibrant online community presence for Blue Cross NC. The community manager will engage first in listening, then actively participating in communities to connect with consumers to share information, diffuse negative situations and humanize our brand. This role will protect and enhance Blue Cross NC s reputation and position it favorably to key stakeholders including Blue Cross NC employees and members, the news media, business and community leaders, consumers, employer groups, insurance industry, and health care providers.
This role combines aspects of corporate communication, sales, branding, human resources, and customer service social channel engagement is part of the role, but so too is the integration offline efforts, business strategy, and the culture of our organization.
* Constantly monitor online conversations, understand and keep up with the uniqueness of each social channel, and recommend strategies and content that consumers are most likely engage with in each channel
* Develop and publish social media content and manage the content calendar.
* Coordinate paid ad campaigns
* Using engaging, transparent and relevant social media practices to humanize our brand
* Respond rapidly to issues and concerns shared within online platforms and community, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and corporate policies
* Identify, analyze and understand target audiences and their specific communication needs and develop effective messages for those audiences
* Demonstrate a high level of flexibility to respond to rapidly changing business needs.
* Actively engage other team members, management, and executive leadership and subject matter experts in the development of effective strategies for leveraging online communities.
* Possess a solid understanding of techniques and strategies for using a variety of internal, external and social media communications channels.
* Work collaboratively with other communications areas to ensure a consistent approach to corporate communication needs.
* Possess knowledge of a variety of communications disciplines and maintain proficiency in more than one area.
* A bachelor s degree.
* 5 years experience in communications and/or project or program management
* A solid understanding of techniques and strategies for using a variety of internal, external and social media communications channels. Example platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
* 2 years demonstrated experience in engaging and activating online community groups
* Demonstrated experience providing counsel to management and others based on industry and professional best practices.
* A sense of diplomacy, excellent judgment and the ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast moving online environment coupled with a dramatically changing healthcare industry.
* A proactive and curious attitude toward staying on top of the fields of social media, communications, and community engagement.
* A proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and MS Outlook.
* Experience with social media management & monitoring platforms such as SalesForce Social Studio, Radian6, Hootsuite, and others, with experience identifying and leveraging actionable insights gained.
* Ability to collaborate and give clear direction with our partners.
* Ability to manage overall project development, including project schedules, work assignments and reports; prioritize and traffic multiple projects and deadlines..
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Blue Cross NC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Since 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) has offered its customers high quality health insurance at a competitive price and has led the charge toward better health and health care in our state. BCBSNC is a fully taxed, not-for-profit North Carolina company with headquarters in Chapel Hill and major operations centers in Durham, Fayetteville, and Winston-Salem. We employ more than 4,800 North Carolinians1 and serve more than 3.9 million customers.2