The Associate Operator position in Production Operations and Creative and Studio Direction may include roles in audio/communications, control room operations, executing live graphics, non-linear editing, studio camera operation, collection and distribution of media content and more. Associate Operators will rotate through three of the above areas over a two year period if performance is at an acceptable level.
• Learn and demonstrate the required levels of competence in each functional area you are assigned to.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively operate in a professional and fast paced environment.
• Learn and understand quality control steps and applicable Production Operations and Creative and Studio Direction Standard Operating Procedures.
• Operate a variety of applications for live studio productions.
• Be a positive and reliable contributor to the ESPN team and help create the best content for our fans.
• Participate in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Participate in problem solving and use troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
• Provide operational support for ESPN networks and/or live productions
• Perform required Administrative tasks including, but not limited to; the effective utilization of all ESPN software based applications (such as time entry and travel and expense filing) as well as daily shift reporting, malfunction of equipment reports and monthly accomplishment documents.
• Embrace company initiatives including meetings, upward feedback, performance management applications and employee surveys.
• Devote a minimum of 8 hours to job shadowing within other areas of Creative and Studio Direction, Production Operations or ESPN
• Fundamental knowledge of Production workflow and operating systems.
• Ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines.
• Computer experience with Microsoft office software skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• A minimum of 1 year of professional or previous internship experience in operations, live graphics or related production experience.
• Basic understanding of all media production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, which may include but not be limited to; server based recording/playback devices and related software applications, graphics applications, studio cameras, master control switchers and related equipment, production switchers and/or server based media management.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field, Vocational School or related experience
About The Walt Disney Company:****
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we **** in the application.